Today, corporate information systems use disparate information security tools like Virtual data room designed to protect important business information from attacks.
Main aspects of business information security
Information security of a business means a state of information resources and related information tools and systems of the business entity, which guarantees the high-quality and uninterrupted provision of its activities with the necessary information, provided a high level of protection from internal and external threats. Accordingly, we can identify 2 problem areas of business information security:
- diagnosis and counteraction to information threats
- creating the preconditions for its effective use in the context of the challenges and current challenges facing business today.
In the context of the first aspect, it should be borne in mind, first of all, that the digitalization of the economy, along with traditional ones, generates many additional threats to information resources and business technologies, methods of diagnosis and counteraction of which have not yet been fully developed. These include threats related to cyberattacks, the disclosure of personal data, the impact of spyware and viruses, phishing, threats related to the updating of computer programs, and so on.
The second aspect of data security is aimed mainly at constantly ensuring the compliance of business information resources with their needs, which leads to the continuity and high efficiency of the decision-making process within the organization. As a result, the integrity, security, and accessibility of information for business users are achieved.
Run your business safely with the Data Room solution
The versatile nature and the growing number of threats to information security of business in the formation of the digital economy necessitate the development and implementation of powerful virtual technologies aimed at its protection. Working with large data sets is greatly simplified if the data is pre-ordered, and structured in one secure system like virtual data room.
During the information process in the data room, many different operations are performed on the data, the main of which are:
- data collection – data accumulation to ensure sufficient completeness of information for decision-making;
- formalization of data – bringing data from different sources to the same form to make them comparable and eliminate the ambiguity of interpretation;
- data filtering – elimination of “extra” data, in which there is no need for decision-making, or, in other words, the selection of only the necessary data;
- data sorting – organizing data by a given feature for ease of use;
- data grouping – combining data on a given basis to increase usability;
- data archiving – reducing the amount of data to reduce the economic costs of storing and transporting data;
- data protection – a set of measures aimed at preventing the loss, reproduction, and modification of data;
- data transportation – reception and transmission of data between remote sources of the information process; in this case, the data source in computer science is called the server, and the consumer – the client;
- data transformation – the transfer of data from one form to another or from one structure to another.
General tasks for the security organization of Virtual Deal Room activity based on systems identification and authentication are:
- strict identification and authentication of users to organize access to informationally important protected resources;
- restricting access to confidential information and personal data;
- blocking of unauthorized access;
- ensuring the availability of public information.